From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dynamic SLOTs
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 10:42:58
1 On Saturday 07 August 2004 01:57, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 >
3 > I, too, am working on a portage-ng. It's called portage. Presently, I'm
4 > near finishing a new dependency resolver that supports:
5 > * Ranged deps
6 > * USE-based atoms
7 > * SLOT-based atoms
8 > * SLOT upgrades
9 > * Full circular dependency support
10 >
11 > Even with all that, a full dependency tree is built with all circular
12 > dependencies resolved in about 6 seconds, where currently emerge takes
13 > about 2 seconds. I can't see a way to get USE-based SLOTs in without at
14 > least doubling that figure (which is incidentally the time that 2.0.50
15 > took). I'm open to suggestions on how to get around it.
16
17 I don't have a dependency resolver at all yet (I've been working on the
18 general architecture and parsing of ebuilds. I'll be happy to help out where
19 I can.
20
21 Paul
24 Paul de Vrieze