From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [PSA] If you ssh interactively to git.gentoo.org (somehow) let me know.
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 14:04:15
1 On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 09:43:44 -0400
2 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > He was replying to me. Your master connection will continue to work
5 > just fine, as I said in my previous message.
6
7 I must have lost something in grammar, because no matter how many times I read:
8
9 > If you are authenticating that master connection as the "git" user, I
10 > suspect it will not affect you. If you are using it to push to
11 > gentoo.git, that is almost certainly the case.
12
13 I interpret that as:
14
15 - Anonymous fetch is fine
16 - Authorised Push will fail
17
18 But I guess my mistake is in that we don't push with "user@git ...", we
19 push with "git@ ... ", and the SSH key is the gate keeper of "push will
20 work", not the UID.
21
22 Right?
23
24 So assuming you're using git@ for fetch *and* push, *then* it will
25 continue to work.
26
27 Right?
28
29 Forgive me for any potential idiocy, language and remembering the
30 details of everything all the time is hard.