From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] KDE issues when making an ebuild.
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:59:46
1 I'm trying to get ggz-kde-client[1] to build. it requires KDE2 /
2 QT2, which is sort of okay. I do:
3
4 ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/qt/2
5
6 and it finds qt2 as it should. _but_, it doesn't have a way of
7 being told where to find KDE, at least not according to ./configure
8 --help. I've tried --with-kde-dir=/usr/kde/2, and to set the
9 enviroment variables KDE_DIR and KDEDIR, and done a few other tests
10 like that. looking at some KDE-based ebuilds shows me "need
11 kde-2.2.2" and "inherit kde". I've tried to get an idea of what is
12 happening when doing this, and looked at the eclasses, but well, I'm
13 not really sure why, or how, I should attack this issue. any
14 pointers are _very_ welcome.
17 [1] <url: http://ggz.sourceforge.net >
20 Terje