From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: "A.Waschbuesch" <awaschb@××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo 1.2 to 1.4 update, HowTo do it and not break everything
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:07:34
1 begin quote
2 On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:48:54 +0000
3 "A.Waschbuesch" <awaschb@××××.de> wrote:
6 > Tried just
7 >
8 > $ emerge imagemagick
9 >
10 > and got
11 >
12 > $ "This compiler version is unable to build binaries ..." I must admit
13 > - that happened before too.
14 >
15 > Greets - Andrew
19 okay, debugging time! My favourite behind that glorious moment when all
20 things work ;)
21
22 run /usr/bin/gcc -v
23 /usr/bin/c++ -v
24
25 check that both are gcc 3.2 _pre
26
27 make sure that /etc/ld.so.conf has both gcc paths in it
30 look in //var/tmp/portage/imagemagick-*/work/imagemagick*/config.log and
31 check the exact compile message / errors.
32
33 to have mixed c++ and gcc versions will surely break things. been
34 there, done that.
35
36 //Spider
40 begin .signature
41 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
43 end