From: Don Seiler <rizzo@g.o>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] How many Gentoo users?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:46:38
1 True it would give you a minimum amount anyway. How does one estimate
2 total users based on that?
3
4 Don.
5
6 On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 01:57:36PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
7 >
8 > Don Seiler said:
9 > > I don't know how accurate rsync stats will be in telling you. I know at
10 > > my workplace I have one server that rsyncs to the outside and 10 or so
11 > > machines on the inside that mount /usr/portage from there. But rsync
12 > > server would only see one machine instead of 11.
13 >
14 > We know that is the case, but at least we can make a much better
15 > estimization than others can. I'm sure there are also people using gentoo
16 > that don't rsync often (once a month), but again some data is better then
17 > nothing.
18 >
19 > Paul
20 >