From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: oldnet scripts splitting out from OpenRC
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 14:15:46
1 On 04/24/2013 06:16 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > it has been suggested that gentoo's oldnet scripts be split out into
5 > their own package separate from OpenRC so that they can be developed
6 > independently. I am looking at doing this for OpenRC 0.12, which I hope
7 > to release soon.
8 >
9 > This means when you emerge or upgrade to openrc-0.12, the net.* scripts
10 > will no longer be included. I am going to call the separate package that
11 > includes these scripts gentoo-oldnet.
12
13 Sounds a BAD idea.
14
15 I'm all for fostering more usage, but if you like to split it in a
16 separate packet then just make the split distribution but keep
17 everything in the same git.
18
19 lu