From: Peter Hjalmarsson <xake@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Enable userpriv by default? Support RESTRICT=userpriv? Interaction with prefix in EAPI 3?
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 00:12:32
1 fre 2009-12-11 klockan 12:11 -0800 skrev Zac Medico:
2 > Should we enable FEATURES=userpriv by default? If we do that then do
3 > we also need to support RESTRICT=userpriv? Maybe RESTRICT=userpriv
4 > should not be supported on the grounds that it is never justified?
5 > What about prefix support (in EAPI 3), which often doesn't have root
6 > privileges?
7
8 That would be problematic for hardened, as they set the permission
9 for /usr/src/* to root only.