From: tchiwam <tchiwam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Looking for co-sysadmin...
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:18:40
1 Hello,
2 We apply mathematical methods, stocastic inversion, for the
3 real world, I am at the moment working too much on the IT infrastructure
4 and not enough on the translating math to code, the whole system is
5 basically running gentoo on various platforms
6 (G3,G4,x86,x86_64,sparc,alpha). All of our software is custom made for
7 our customers.
8 I would like to have someone building / starting a directory
9 service so that all authentication would be located in a central
10 location(ldap), each system would have it's own copy (slurpd) working.
11 With a clear document of how to install a new machine to have it use the
12 same directory. I am simply tired to sync 9 machines password and groups.
13 The machines aren't too slow nor deprived of hard disk space nor
14 memory starved, the link is faAAAaast... so working remotely shouldn't
15 be a trouble... If there is a need for something special it can be
16 discussed.
17 If this works and the cooperation is good, I would be ready to
18 let the developper have some "work" benefit like using the hardware
19 here. There is also a lot of other wierd things tasks that I'd be
20 willing to offload some of my IT shores. Bugzilla, twiki, imap-ssl,
21 smtp-ssl, ups deamon, ...
22 The closer to Finland or Europe the better, but I won't let
23 distance be a huge problem, as long as the communication stays good.
24 I'll expect a phone number, address and some proper credentials.
25 This is more of a once in a while work, payment term and tasks to
26 be discussed in advance, then executed there is a possiblity of changing
27 this later if both parties think it would be beneficial.
28
29 If anyone is interested just send me a mail.
30
31 Philippe (tchiwam)
32 --
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list