From: Pengcheng Xu <i@××××××××.moe>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 15:53:20
1 I can understand the need to reduce meaningless spams on the dev list,
2 but seems like general rejection of posts from non-developers would
3 distract the idea of this being an open mailing list: a list that one can’t
4 post to effectively decays to something like a bulletin board, and obviously
5 the developing process shouldn’t be kept in a showcase, which would greatly
6 discourage people who are not part of the dev team, yet still wanting to
7 get involved in the discussing, maybe even decision-making.
8
9 Pengcheng Xu
10 i@××××××××.moe
14 > H30/03/20 20:17、Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>のメール:
15 >
16 > I see that in bug #650964[1] Council is pushing forward again with
17 > implementing user whitelisting on this mailing list (ie. anyone that is
18 > not "approved" will have their mail rejected).
19 >
20 > Could someone please explain how this doesn't directly contradict the
21 > core tenets of an open and inclusive community?
22 >
23 > 1: https://bugs.gentoo.org/650964