From: aeriksson@××××××××.fm
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for media-plugins/rmxmms
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 21:19:18
1 > Another last rites mail for media apps... this is also the start of the end.
2 >
3 > media-plugins/rmxxms is currently -* and p.masked, requires using realsdk and
4 > is probably obsolete/outdated. Noone is working on this afaik, XMMS has
5 > currently no upstream and there's no maintainer.
6 >
7 > One week from now, rmxmms will be out of portage.
8 >
9 > Please note: if in one week or a bit more nobody steps up for maintaining XMMS
10 > in portage, I'll start a phase out of XMMS itself, this means closing all its
11 > new plugins' ebuilds as WONTFIX, and then starting masking plugins with bugs
12 > open to remove them.
13 >
14 > We're plenty of alternatives :)
17 Your mail triggered me to search for alternatives. Any suggestion? Currently
18 checking mpd and its frontends. At first glance, they all seem a bit limited.
19 But I like the approach with a separate core for the player logic...
20
21 /A
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list