From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is there any way I can help with pull requests?
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 18:00:49
1 On Sat, 2018-10-13 at 13:28 +0200, Ralph Seichter wrote:
2 > Looking at the number of open pull requests (some of them my own), I
3 > wonder if Gentoo has become a bit of a victim of its own success as far
4 > as contributions are concerned.
5
6 It's not really as much problem as it seems. For example, in the recent
7 period proxy-maint's backlog didn't really go beyond 7 days, and we're
8 rather capable of getting through it all.
9
10 The large number of open PRs is mostly due to:
11
12 a. PRs waiting for the submitter to update them (sadly, including some
13 'throwaway' submissions),
14
15 b. PRs waiting for package maintainer to respond (sadly, we have many
16 developers who ignore submissions on GitHub).
17
18 Even then, ~200 open pull requests is a really small number given
19 the size of Gentoo. You can easily find many projects having 1000-10000
20 open pull requests.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny