From: Morgan Christiansson <sft3905@××××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE variables in SRC_URI
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 12:35:41
1 Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2
3 >tis 2001-10-02 klockan 08.40 skrev Daniel Robbins:
4 >
5 >>Hi devs,
6 >>
7 >>I just added a new pre-release version of Portage to gentoo-src (developers
8 >>only) CVS that allows you to use USE variables in the SRC_URI as follows:
9 >>
10 >>SRC_URI="foo? ( http://www.foo.bar/meep.tar.gz )"
11 >>
12 >>We will gradually start using these features. But right now I need testers.
13 >>If MAINTAINER is set to "yes", then all the USE variables in the SRC_URI will
14 >>default to "on", so that maintainers will be forced to test all SRC_URIs and
15 >>also cause complete digests to be generated. You can also use the new "!foo?"
16 >>syntax in SRC_URIs and soon in DEPENDS and RDEPENDS as well. This new version
17 >>of Portage also adds archive size to the digest files and uses a new file-based
18 >>DEPEND and RDEPEND passing method (for behind-the-scenes bash <-> python
19 >>integration.)
22 >Hi!
23 >
24 >This is great!
25 >
26 >Both foo? in SRC_URI and !foo? is both really needed.
27 >
28 >Regards,
29 > Mikael Hallendal
30 >
31 You could do it like this too:
32
33 use foo && SRC_URI="$SRC_URI http://domain/project-foo-patch.tbz2"
34
35 Although the !foo? is problably nicer. Just another way to do it until
36 the !foo? way is finished.
37
38 Also that'd work with my used flags patch until it's integrated into the
39 rest of portage. ;)