From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: mgorny@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Developer commit timeline updates
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 15:06:57
1 On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 12:36:28AM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hi, everyone.
3 >
4 > I'd like to just make a short announcement that I've updated
5 > the developer commit timeline [1]. Besides the usual periodic update,
6 > there are two major changes:
7 >
8 > a. I've added commit counts to the bars (in the popups shown upon
9 > hovering the bar),
10
11 Can you make the commit counts always display instead of
12 only displaying when you hover the mouse over something?
13
14 Thanks,
15
16 William
19 > b. I've created an additional timeline for determining activity of
20 > active Gentoo developers, as a partial replacement for the semi-broken
21 > 'slacker' script used by Undertakers [2].
24 > Quick rehash for those who don't know the pages: those timelines
25 > present the commit activity of current and past Gentoo developers based
26 > on gentoo.git (with CVS history grafted). The bars represent adjacent
27 > periods of activity, and are interrupted when a developer hadn't
28 > committed for a period 3 months.
29 >
30 > The timeline for historical devs [1] is ordered by the earliest commit,
31 > so should roughly represent the order in which developers joined. Note
32 > that in case of developers who used to be proxied maintainers,
33 > the earlier p-m commits are also counted if their respective e-mail
34 > matches.
35 >
36 > The timeline for active devs [2] is order by the latest commit, so
37 > should roughly start with developers who are inactive the longest. It
38 > only lists developers who have commit access to gentoo.git.
41 > [1]:https://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/dev-timeline.html
42 > [2]:https://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/active-devs.html
43 >
44 > --