From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] wxGTK 2.6 deprecation
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 00:29:29
1 Just a heads up - we're going to be dropping wxGTK and wxpython 2.6 sometime
2 in the near-ish future. If you have packages still depending on these
3 versions, please migrate them to 2.8 and drop versions using 2.6. If your
4 package doesn't work with 2.8 then it probably hasn't seen a release in the
5 last five years and should go away :P.
6
7 The disruption should be minimal. Some packages will need to be removed, but
8 most have been migrated and just need newer versions stabilized. There are
9 no plans to drop support for 2.6 from the eclass or eselect at this time, so
10 putting it in an overlay should continue to work.
13 (I'll be adding the 2.9 development branch to the tree shortly, for those who
14 have been waiting.)
18 fonts, gcc-porting, and it's all by design
19 toolchain, wxwidgets to keep us from losing our minds
20 @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662