From: Aaron Kulbe <superlag@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:32:25
1 Curt,
2
3 I'm on a Mac Mini. OS X 10.4, Safari v. 2.0.2
4
5 Looks good here.
6
7 Cheers,
8
9 Aaron Kulbe
10 a.k.a. SuperLag
13 On 11/21/05, Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o> wrote:
14 > This has been cross posted to gentoo-dev and www-redesign.
15 >
16 > http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
17 >
18 > After receiving a ton of very useful feedback from the developer
19 > community I have updated the redesign. It should now be closer to 100%
20 > accessible and it should (hopefully) render perfectly in all browsers
21 > including text only browsers. It now passes XHTML and CSS validation tests.
22 >
23 > I'm asking for everyone (developers and users alike) to please have a
24 > look at the updated site and send any feedback you may have. I'm
25 > especially interested in feedback from anyone who uses accessibilty
26 > programs such as screen readers or if you are color blind or have any
27 > other accessibilty issues.
28 >
29 > Also, I only use GNU/Linux and I have only tested on the following browsers:
30 >
31 > Mozilla-1.7
32 > firefox-1.0
33 > Opera-8.5
34 > Internet Explorer-6 under CrossOver Office
35 > Epiphany-1.8.2
36 > Links-2.1 in text mode and graphics mode.
37 >
38 > If you have access to a Macintosh, Windows, *BSD or any other OS or
39 > Browser please test the site and include your OS and the browser version
40 > in your feedback. I haven't received feedback from Konqueror or Safari
41 > so feedback from those browsers would be much appreciated.
42 >
43 > The only major outstanding issue is the contents of the menu in the grey
44 > bar at the top and what should appear in the 5 purple boxes directly
45 > under them. Currently I have that menu listed in order of what a new
46 > Gentoo user would need to access first. If you have a better idea of
47 > what should be included in this menu or think something important is
48 > being left out please send that in your feedback as well.
49 >
50 > Thanks in advance
51 >
52 > Curtis