From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Do (old-ish) Portage QA checks comprise policy?
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 02:27:24
1 > > TL;DR: If a QA check is enforced by Portage for a reasonably long time,
2 > > does it constitute policy? Or can it be changed unilaterally by Portage
3 > > team?
4
5 > To avoid these sorts of questions in the future,
6 [snip since offtopic]
7
8 > In this case, whether or not this is "policy" is beside the point. No
9 > one else wants to remove this check ...
10
11 If that really were the case, we wouldnt have this discussion.
12
13 And as we all know *any* action by QA will immediately lead to complaints
14 about abuse of QA powers...
15
16 FTR, yes I consider that these old QA checks embody QA policy. 14 years of it.
19 Andreas K. Hüttel
20 dilfridge@g.o
21 Gentoo Linux developer
22 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)