From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Git migration - clean cut or git-cvsserver
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 04:50:27
1 On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o> wrote:
2 > I, for one, think we should stay with CVS and leave all this git
3 > Linusware to the new-fangled Fedora kids with their fancy init systems
4 > and tight coupling. CVS was good enough for my grandfather, and it's
5 > good enough for you.
6 > --
7 > Arun Raghavan
8 > http://arunraghavan.net/
9 > (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)
10
11 I seriously cannot tell this is serious, trolling, or sarcasm. If it's
12 either of the latter two, can we please cut that out? Way too often
13 sarcasm and inside jokes are misunderstood and we waste a lot of
14 bandwidth figuring it out.