From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ryao@g.o, zfs-devel@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Porting ZFS to additional architectures
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 07:13:42
1 On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 14:25:56 -0500
2 Richard Yao <ryao@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I want to port ZFSOnLinux to all Gentoo Linux architectures this year.
5 > The above architectures either are not currently supported or have not
6 > been tested in a while. Most of them will require patching isa_defs.h,
7 > which I am in a position to do. I am not distributing the patches
8 > because I don't know if ZFS will build on those platforms.
9
10 Try to use crossdev to make sure it builds. Usermode linux
11 seems to have been ported at least to ppc and ia64.
12
13 You might like to start from there in order to not to ruin
14 poor boxes.
18 Sergei