From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Global USE=gui
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 19:36:18
1 On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 06:50:59AM +0100, Graham Murray wrote
2 > waltdnes@××××××××.org writes:
3 >
4 > > Let me re-phrase my question... is there *ANY* set of circumstances
5 > > under which any of X/xorg/wayland/mir/qt4/qt5/gtk2/gtk3/fltk USE flag
6 > > can be set for a package *WITHOUT* requiring a gui?
7 >
8 > Yes. X/xorg could be needed to incorporate the X Client libraries so
9 > that X servers can connect to it but not itself have a gui. This
10 > could, for example, be on a headless server.
11
12 Is it broken right now? What improvement will we see from having to
13 add a "GUI" flag?
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications