From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] An official Gentoo wiki
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 00:16:14
Mark Loeser wrote:
> So, went down for a awhile and took something away from > our users something that is useful. Its back now, but I think we should > consider having our own official wiki that our users can contribute to. > We already have something very similar to this on the forums, and this > would just give the correct tool to put their documentation on. > > I already know some people are going to hate this idea and say that the > documentation could be wrong, etc, so lets look at how others have > handled this situation.
[snip] IMHO, the old gentoo-wiki (don't know if the new one will address it) does let you down when pages are out of date. The solution I like is the wikipedia idea: There is a tag for marking pages as outdated / inaccurate, and if a page has the outdated tag for too long it's removed / archived. Much like treecleaning! -- Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace dot net dot au> You know you're using the computer too much when: refer to traffic lights as routers. -- C J Pro