From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding AdobeFlash-10{,.1} licenses to EULA group
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:38:07
Dale schrieb:
> [...]
Though I am not opposed to adding a warning, I think the license mask is sufficient. If users demonstrate their indifference by setting ACCEPT_LICENSE="*" or adding AdobeFlash-10.1 without reading the license, then I somehow doubt that elog messages will have an effect.
>> Definitely yes! This is a very dangerous snippet in Adobe's license >> which >> should be pretty clearly pointed at to every user. >> > > Could that also include a alternative to adobe? If there is one.
There are three open-source flash browser plugins in portage: - swfdec: development seems to have stalled - gnash: I have received mixed reports about the stability of the current version. The next release will include VA-API support and other improvements. - lightspark: a recent effort which is in its early stages and still incomplete in many ways (eg. audio support is planned for 0.4.2) None of them I consider good enough to replace adobe-flash for the average user. Regards, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding AdobeFlash-10{,.1} licenses to EULA group Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>