From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Resignation
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:37:03
1 Steev Klimaszewski wrote: [Tue Apr 17 2007, 08:58:59AM CDT]
2 > Bryan Østergaard wrote:
3 > <snip>
4 > >On the contrary we warn people about not behaving badly and if that
5 > >doesn't help despite many warnings and complaints being filed we finally
6 > >take to firmer action which is exactly what have happened in this case.
7 > <snip>
8 > >Regards,
9 > >Bryan Østergaard
10 >
11 > Sorry, I am going to have to call bullshit. The only part of that
12 > statement that is remotely true is the last line of that paragraph.
13
14 This sort of e-mail isn't particularly helpful. In essence, you've
15 baldly called somebody a liar in public, while providing no evidence
16 to support your allegation. You might get better results if you at
17 least pretend that you might not have all of the relevant facts (even
18 if you're sure that you do) and ask for clarification based on what you
19 think you know. Here's an example: "That last paragraph doesn't seem to
20 agree with what I've observed, where .... Could you explain where the
21 discrepancy arises?"
22
23 -g2boojum-
24 --
25 Grant Goodyear
26 Gentoo Developer
27 g2boojum@g.o
28 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
29 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76