From: Sven Wegener <Sven.Wegener@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Reverse order of LVM and software raid startup in /etc/init.d/checkfs
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:43:46
1 Hi,
2
3 current order in /etc/init.d/checkfs is that LVM is started first and software
4 raid afterwards. This means, if a software raid device is used as an LVM
5 physical volume, it won't be recognized by vgscan during LVM initialization. I
6 think it is more common to have a software raid device used as an LVM physical
7 volume than the other way round.
8
9 So, I would like to make the suggestion to reverse the order of LVM and
10 software raid startup in /etc/init.d/checkfs or to call "vgscan" and "vgchange
11 -a y" a second time to let vgscan recognize those software raid devices.
12
13 Any comments/opinions?
14
15 Sven