From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Allow upstream tags in metadata.xml
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:19:52
1 On Tuesday 27 December 2005 03:06, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > >On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 02:43:19 +0100 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
4 > >
5 > >wrote:
6 > >| Will those new tags support the "restrict" attribute?
7 > >
8 > >Is restrict something that's in use and working, or did it never get
9 > >off the drawing board?
10 >
11 > Well, it's listed in metadata.dtd, so any package *could* use it. I
12 > currently don't have a tree anywhere near me to check if it is actually
13 > used nor do I know if any metadata.xml related tools understand it
14 > correctly.
15
16 It has been in for a long while. If there are metadata.xml related tools for
17 which it makes sense to understand it, they are broken if they don't. Adding
18 the attribute on these tags should not put a problem.
19
20 Paul
23 Paul de Vrieze
24 Gentoo Developer