From: Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [adopt-a-dev] New Resource Offers and Requests / 2 Policy Changes
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 23:22:56
1 There are two adopt-a-developer policy changes. The max value limit for each
2 item has been raised from $100 to $250. Things are going well and we plan
3 on removing the limit entirely in the future. We're just waiting for an
4 accountant to get back to Christel about some questions we have relating to
5 taxes on personal gifts. We want the information so that we can inform
6 developers about possible taxes on high value items and where to find
7 more information.
8
9 The other change relates to the maximum number of open requests per
10 developer. During the user relations meeting we opted to limit the
11 number of open requests to 4 per developer. If the developer has 4
12 open requests and needs something more urgently he or she can always
13 ask us to remove an item to make room for a more urgently needed item.
14 This is a temporary policy. In a few weeks we will evaluate if we
15 want the policy to be permanent or if we want to try something
16 else.
17
18 Below are all of the community member offers and developer requests made
19 in the last 7 days. I missed sending this out last week, but I'm working on
20 automating these e-mails, so it shouldn't happen in the future. As always,
21 the full list of offers and requests can be found on our project page....
22 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/userrel/adopt-a-dev/index.xml
23
24 -Thomas
25
26 Community Member Offers
27 =======================
28
29 Offered Resource: GNU Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool ; ISBN 1578701902
30 Name: Kurt Hindenburg
31 Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
32 Last Modified: 2006-09-02 14:46:44
36 New Developer Requests
37 ======================
38
39 Resource: Any ethernet card that is known to work in Linux and Mac OS X
40 on a PowerMac G5.
41 Purpose: To do testing of Java and other packages on ppc, ppc64, and maybe
42 even ppc-macos.
43 Name: Joshua Nichols
44 Location: Boston, MA, USA
45 Last Modified: 2006-08-31 16:18:17
46
47 Resource: orinoco gold usb wireless device
48 Purpose: To help with the drivers.
49 Name: Steev Klimaszewski
50 Location: Tulsa, OK, USA
51 Last Modified: 2006-08-31 16:05:37
52
53 Resource: Battery for a Japanese Sharp Mebius PC-CB1-CD to replace a
54 dead battery (model number CE-BN12).
55 Purpose: So that Steev isn't stuck to a power outlet.
56 Name: Steev Klimaszewski
57 Location: Tulsa, OK, USA
58 Last Modified: 2006-08-31 16:08:12
59
60 Resource: A bluetooth USB dongle from this list
61 ( http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/features.html )
62 Purpose: Replacement of a usb dongle, required to perform development
63 and tests on kdebluetooth and other bluetooth-related applications
64 running on Gentoo. Also required to keep an up-to-date bluetooth guide.
65 Name: Ioannis Aslanidis
66 Location: Tarragona, Spain
67 Last Modified: 2006-09-02 14:41:41
68
69 Resource: Intel Pentium 4 Northwood - 2.0A GHz Processor
70 ( http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=535580/search=intel+pentium+4+2.0+ghz/ )
71 (2.0GHz, 512KB, 400 MHz, Socket 478 - MPN: BX80532PC2000D)
72 Purpose: general development work, improve productivity
73 Name: Chris White
74 Location: CA, USA
75 Last Modified: 2006-09-02 17:33:26
76
77 Resource: Any linux-supported DEC Alpha workstation with at least a
78 400MHz processor, >=128MB of memory, a supported PCI video card,
79 and a CD-ROM (bonus if it can read CD-RW without a problem).
80 Purpose: Support for the alpha architecture in the Gentoo Installer.
81 Name: Andrew Gaffney
82 Location: St. Louis, MO, USA
83 Last Modified: 2006-09-04 15:29:05