From: Yannick Koehler <yannick.koehler@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pretend requires root?
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 15:11:57
1 On April 20, 2002 03:55 pm, William McArthur wrote:
2 > Yannick Koehler wrote:
3 > > Is it possible to make portage not require 'root' level when only doing
4 > > --pretend stuff?
5 >
6 > I'm not an expert on portage but if you change the perms on
7 > /var/tmp/portage to be world writeable it may work.
8 >
9 > # chmod -R a+w /var/tmp/portage
10 >
11 > You should be aware that this isn't smart on a multi user box.
12 >
13 > Sandy McArthur
14
15 hmm, not acceptable for my idea. I'd like that kemerge do not require SU to
16 do the pretend but requires it for the real emerge. For now it requires it
17 for both. If we can add this as the 2.x feature of portage I'll be very very
18 happy.
19
20 Yannick Koehler