From: djamil essaissi <djamil@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] multitasked emerge (download while build ...)
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 04:11:51
1 I think the minimum we can do right now is:
2 having the ebuilds work in a totally independant way , for example using
3 a directory exclusivly.
4 and/or why not "not" deleting the source tree, so other pakages can use
5 the already compiled object files ...
6 this is totally "doable" as the strong point of emerge is the fact that
7 it doesnt use the shared database stuff ...
8
9 thank you guys again for this giant work .
10
11 D.
12