From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] comprehensive eclass checking in repoman
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 20:29:52
Python's json module is similar to the pickly module, so you might just use that instead. For example, I've converted /var/cache/edb/mtimedb from pickle to json: http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=848da97a64b2d3d13c3fbc794c57dae714009854
>> Mostly because I don't like the idea of repoman re-probing all the >> eclasses every time you check an ebuild > > caching of data most likely will be done (the decision will be data driven), > but that's independent of the underlying behavioral question.
I expect that reading and validating the cache is probably not going to be much faster than just parsing the eclasses over again. -- Thanks, Zac