From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] g-cpan
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 00:40:40
1 On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Benny Pedersen <me@××××.org> wrote:
5 > perl 5.8.8 no go
6 >
7 > dependse on Moose
10 dev-perl/Moose : Available in gentoo
11 dev-perl/MooseX-Getopt : Available in perl overlay
12
13 All other deps should be in there already.
14 ( cant remember if -X functions can be chained or not in 5.8.8 )
15
16 If you aren't using Moose yet, you might want to look into it. ( </Plug> )
19 > > Probably sounds a bit archaic, but I've gotten used to it, g-cpan and
20 > > everything else that's existed seemed to explode too often for my liking.
21 >
22 > it worked before,
25 It worked for me, .. for a time, then I tired of how it worked.
28 > but not much perl in gentoo is any longer maintained :/
31 Citation needed. modules are updated on average in gentoo the same week as
32 they come out.
36 > hope this will change to the better, i am still at gentoo, but if devs run
37 > away from it to deb/rpm systems then i have to also :/
38 >
39 > g-cpan -g Mail::SPF
40 >
41 > succes ?