From: Steven Elling <ellings@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Errors over errors with portage
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:05:33
1 On Monday 13 October 2003 21:08, Brian Jackson wrote:
2 > On Monday 13 October 2003 06:45 pm, Steven Elling wrote:
3 > <snip>
4 >
5 > > This made me think the older versions were still installed so I
6 > > unmerged them without incident. This begs the questions 'Why were
7 > > older versions of baselayout still installed?'
8 >
9 > because you set autoclean=no in your make.conf
12 I have __never__ set AUTOCLEAN="NO" in make.conf or make.globals. If
13 AUTOCLEAN was set to NO, it would of been set as a system default.
16 > > and 'How many other packages have older
17 > > versions still installed?'
18 >
19 > you can clean out old versions by running
20 > # emerge -pc
21 > and if everythink looks okay, run
22 > # emerge -c
25 Actually, on my system 'emerge -c' doesn't work half the time. I have to do
26 an 'emerge prune', an 'emerge unmerge' or use 'pkgclean.sh'.
29 > Also, why are using -K instead of -k?
32 I have two identical systems and build all the packages on the faster
33 machine then run emerge with the -K option on the slower one. There is no
34 point in compiling the same package twice and the -K option prevents this.
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list