From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP draf for cross-compile support in multilib profiles
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 21:13:30
1 On 07/01/2012 04:29 AM, Thomas Sachau wrote:
2 > Matt Turner schrieb:
3 >> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>
6 >> I'm interested in this because I'm regularly annoyed with the emul-
7 >> packages and also because multilib is pretty important for mips.
8 >>
9 >>> If a package has dependencies, then those dependencies are required to have
10 >>> at least the same targets enabled as the package
11 >>
12 >> That seems like the obvious (but perhaps naive) choice. What about
13 >> depending on packages that don't install libraries, like x11-proto/
14 >> packages or generators like dev-util/indent?
15 >>
16 >> Maybe I just don't understand. Would these packages even have ABI flags?
17 >
18 > All packages do get the ABI flags (with the needed EAPI or via enabled
19 > portage feature, which is currently in the multilib branch).
20 >
21 > If a package does not install anything ABI-specific (no headers, no libs
22 > and no binaries), then there is no overhead, since it will just get
23 > compiled/installed for one ABI, even if multiple ABI flags are enabled.
24
25 For a package like this that does not install anything ABI-specific,
26 does the package manager still execute phases for each enabled ABI, or
27 is there some way for the ebuild to indicate whether or not its phases
28 need to be executed for each enabled ABI?
29 --
30 Thanks,
31 Zac