From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Audiogalaxy cont'd
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:34:29
1 Hi Tod and everyone else,
2
3 OK, According to the license.txt file that accompanies the tarballed binary from audiogalaxy.com, it looks like I can not have the ebuild file retrieve the binary. I *have* to send the user there to do a manual download. At least, that is my interpretation of it. Please look below at the wording of the license..
4
5 Thanks,
6
7 Seemant
13 1. SINGLE COPY SOFTWARE LICENSE. The Audiogalaxy, Inc. information
14 and SOFTWARE at this web site is copyrighted and protected by law and
15 international treaty. You may download the SOFTWARE through a web
16 browser onto a single computer for your personal, non-commercial
17 internal use only, unless specifically licensed to do otherwise by
18 Audiogalaxy, Inc. This is a license, not a transfer of title, and you
19 may not nor permit anyone else to (a) modify the SOFTWARE or use it
20 for any commercial purpose or public display, performance, sale or
21 rental; (b) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble, modify, or
22 create derivative works based on the SOFTWARE or the documentation in
23 whole or in part; (c) remove any copyright or other Audiogalaxy, Inc.
24 proprietary notices; (d) transfer the SOFTWARE to another person.
25 You agree to prevent any copying of the SOFTWARE that you download
26 for your use from this web site.
29 2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE and all Audiogalaxy, Inc. information
30 on this web site is copyrighted proprietary material of Audiogalaxy, Inc.
31 and may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded,
32 posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without Audiogalaxy,
33 Inc.'s prior written permission. Except as expressly provided herein,
34 Audiogalaxy, Inc. and its suppliers do not grant any express or implied
35 right to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade
36 secret information of Audiogalaxy, Inc. or its suppliers.