From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xmms broken?, and an update question
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 01:15:20
1 sön 2002-01-06 klockan 23.51 skrev Mark:
2 > XMMS:
3 > Using OSS (with appropriate kernel module) it just freezes.
4 > Using ALSA (with appropriate alsa module) I get a seg fault.
5
6 The ALSA-module works fine in XMMS here. Please submit any more results
7 if you are debugging this.
8
9 > UPDATE QUESTION.
10 > Lets say I wan't a newer version of Ruby.
11 > By the looks of it, all I have to do is change the name of the script.
12 > So the question is "should I"?
13
14 Not really following here, have you copied the .ebuild to a new version
15 or are you asking if it's ok (if you are askin, then I'd say yes, and if
16 it works fine, add a new issue at http://bugs.gentoo.org/ that it was OK
17 and someone will commit it to the portage.
18
19 Regards,
20 Mikael Hallendal
23 Mikael Hallendal
24 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
25 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden