From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder on dependencies.
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:28:25
1 On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:16:54 -0600 Joshua Baergen
2 <joshuabaergen@g.o> wrote:
3 | Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | >RDEPEND lists the things that are needed to use a package once it is
5 | >installed.
6 |
7 | Maybe RDEPEND is insufficient to properly describe a library
8 | package. I see a big difference between using and compiling against
9 | a library. I realize you need to compile against it to use it, but
10 | that's certainly not a run-time dependency.
11
12 Well yes, we already know we need a few dozen more new dependency
13 atoms. But we're dealing with "what we can use currently" here, not
14 some hypothetical future situation.
17 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
18 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
19 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm