From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Packages without source code (was: Clarify the "as-is" license?)
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 22:59:34
1 Rich Freeman posted on Thu, 03 Jan 2013 10:40:08 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
4 >> We could easily solve this by adding a "binary-only" or
5 >> "no-source-code" tag to such packages. It would be included in the
6 >> @BINARY-REDISTRIBUTABLE license group, but not in @FREE. So such
7 >> packages would be excluded for users with ACCEPT_LICENSE="-* @FREE".
8 >
9 > As long as it is also marked with the BSD license I don't have a problem
10 > with this. The license is, in fact, BSD, so we do need to keep that
11 > info around.
12
13 What about two licenses, BSD, and BSD-no-sources? The second license
14 file would simply note at the top that there's no source available, but
15 the license is BSD, with the BSD license underneath the note.
16
17 That would allow the first to be included in @FREE, while the second was
18 only included in @BINARY_REDISTRIBUTABLE.
23 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman