From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] POSIX capability in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:20:02
1 On 08/02/2011 11:05 AM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 >>> Please don't.
3 >> >
4 >> > Why would this be bad?
5 > Because going behind the package mangler's back results in horribly
6 > screwed up systems (as anyone who's ever used lafilefixer will tell
7 > you...).
8
9 Is rlpkg going behind the PM's back when it does selinux labelings? I
10 know there are difference, but if there's a screwup in some policy, it
11 also leads to horribly screwed up system. Nonetheless, I'm not
12 insensitive to what you are saying, and I think the safer approach would
13 be to write a howto and show the user how to manually convert some
14 typical binaries. There are only a handful that would be targeted.
17 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
18 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
19 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
20 GnuPG FP : 8040 5A4D 8709 21B1 1A88 33CE 979C AF40 D045 5535
21 GnuPG ID : D0455535