From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: gcc-4.2 / gcc-4.3 plans
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 05:16:47
1 On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:14:37 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
5 > the x86 cld revert is in now as well as some more upstream pr fixes.
6 > i'll probably let things settle for this week and pending any
7 > craziness, move gcc-4.3.0-r1 into ~arch in a week. i'll prob commit
8 > some "obvious" gcc-4.3 bugs at the same time.
9 >
10 > last chance to speak up peeps.
11 > -mike
12
13 Can I get you bump the glibc req to 2.7-r2 so people don't hit the
14 multilib bug? texinfo should be >=4.4 too (if we even use it, not
15 sure).
16
17 I want to get 4.3 running on mips sometime. We would need
18 binutils-2.18 minimum once the gnuhash stuff gets removed.
19
20 Other than that, let it loose. I'll try to get some work done on the
21 remaining tracker bugs sometime soon.
25 fonts, gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
26 mips, treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
27 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662