From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ekeyword and ordering
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 20:36:51
1 On Saturday 11 June 2005 04:15 am, foser wrote:
2 > > if you ever had to do arch-specific KEYWORDing on a frequent basis (and
3 > > i'm 99% sure you have nfc we support other arches than x86 if we use
4 > > arch-specific breakage in GNOME depends as any sort of track record),
5 >
6 > If there was ever arch specific breakage -this btw is a baseless claim,
7 > so it shouldn't have been put up here, but I guess that's what populism
8 > is about-, then it is most likely because someone screwed up the
9 > ordering inside one package dir, making it inconsistent and as such a
10 > pain to deal with.
11
12 baseless ? talk to any hppa/sparc/ia64 (and maybe mips) dev and they should
13 be able to remember a time where a GNOME version bump had missing KEYWORDS in
14 new dependencies ... evolution-data-server comes to mind
15
16 > > you'd
17 > > know that scattered KEYWORDS is a pita to deal with ... i've seen cases
18 > > where a specific arch was duplicated in KEYWORDS; once near the beginning
19 > > and once near the end ... normally it wasnt anything bad, but there was a
20 > > case where one KEYWORD was stable while the other was unstable
21 >
22 > Again something I'd only expect to happen in cases where someone is
23 > reordering keywords at will inside a package.
24
25 you can expect all you want, i found these cases BEFORE i started
26 alphabetizing KEYWORDS
27 -mike
28 --
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list