From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pkgmerge rsync-2.4.6.tar.gz error
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:03:19
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 04:25:15PM +0200, Achim Gottinger wrote:
4 >
5 > > You mean as a source-cd ? We must use the old bootimage system, because the
6 > > new one is still in a very alpha state. The easiest whould be using our old
7 > > bootimage and only replacing sys.tbz2 and the packages (only the reworked
8 > > ones).
9 >
10 > I can write instructions for using build.tbz2 with an existing linux distro.
11 > This way, we can just provide build.tbz2, and it will still be useful to a
12 > number of people.
13 >
14 This will only work if they have a recent enogh kernel (don't know the
15 exact requirements).
16 I got a kernel too old message from a Suse 64 (2.2.14) as I tried to
17 chroot to build.
18 I start making a build.tbz2 now. I'll additionally add wget to it.
19
20 achim~
21
22 > --