From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Initial review for github-snapshot.eclass
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 20:42:01
1 On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 04:24:23PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 >
4 > As I suggested earlier, I'm attaching an example implementation
5 > of github-snapshot.eclass.
6 >
7 > All the eclass does is providing a default src_unpack() unpacking
8 > the github snapshot into ${S}. Right now it simply does call default
9 > src_unpack() and then does a fuzzy `mv' but that can change
10 > in the future.
11 >
12 > The eclass doesn't modify S or SRC_URI itself. An ebuild using it
13 > should look like the following:
14
15 A function to generate a github url for SRC_URI is likely warranted;
16 should they ever grow mirrors/change their scheme, we can change it
17 in one spot.
18
19 Plus it makes it easier for ebuild devs to specify the url ;)
20
21 ~brian