From: Vitaly Kushneriuk <vitaly@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New ideas, USE database, sandbox & more
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 10:07:24
1 > > 3)emerge should search for package in category dirs. So that
2 > > "emerge gcc" as "emerge sys-devel/gcc"
3 >
4 > This would be really cool, I imagine it would be hard to add to portage. (Comments drobbins?)
5
6 Not at all It should be less then 20 lines of code. like that (in shell, not checked ):
7
8 if [ ! -f $package ] ; then
9 for f in /usr/portage/*/$package ; do
10 if [ -d $f ] ; then
11 $package=`echo $f | sed 's:^/usr/portage/::'`
12 break
13 fi
14 done
15 fi
18 > > 5)Compile and install logs should be stored for future inspection.
19 > > Should be realy simple to implement. Just redirect sub shell to
20 > > "| tee <logfilename>. Or even "> logfilename" if emerge called with
21 > > --silent flag.
22 >
23 > Again, this would be really good for backtracking failed builds.
24 >
25 > Some really good ideas here but I am not sure it will all fit in with portage.
26 >
27 Again, realy easy... I'll do it later if no one volontiers.
28
29 Vitaly.