From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] "unrecognized option" warning
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:28:07
1 Hi,
2
3 I was pointed by a user that the gimp ebuilds configure run produces warnings
4 about unrecognized options.
5 Looks like this:
6 configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options: --with-hal, --without-wmf
7
8 A short grep over my portage logdir showed lots of these in various packages.
9 My suggestion would be that we add a QA warning to portage for every econf
10 call causing such a warning.
11
12 Probably there are mostly two reasons when such a warning occurs:
13 - The ebuild writer thinks there must be an option for en/disabling foo,
14 though adding use_enable/use_with foo, although it's autodetected. We have an
15 automagic dep.
16 - The option was there in previous versions, but got removed (i.e. is now
17 default / can't be built without foo any more).
18
19 Both cases should be fixed and may hide other bugs, though a QA warning would
20 be good.
21
22 Thoughts?
25 Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/