From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ChIIph <chiiph@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changes to flag-o-matic's _filter-var
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 02:28:20
1 On Wednesday 24 February 2010 15:27:21 ChIIph wrote:
2 > Here are some minor changes I'd like to propose to flag-o-matic's
3 > _filter-var() to work properly with LDFLAGS.
4 > Without this, things like "-Wl,-O1,--as-needed" won't be affected by any
5 > kind of filter since there are no spaces to separate each flag.
6 >
7 > I don't know of any better way to do this, but here's a patch that works
8 > just fine.
9
10 the func is used by other code where you dont want to screw with commas.
11 plus, there are a few other ways to trick the system.
12
13 my opinion is still:
14 - bypassing the system is sometimes useful
15 - use separate -Wl flags and things just work
16
17 so thanks, but no thanks
18 -mike