From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles: ChangeLog package.mask
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 22:57:01
1 I'd like to implore ALL developers to please ensure that they don't
2 commit broken stuff into profiles, esp. corrupt atoms in package.mask.
3
4 This change went into profiles/package.mask, and caused breakage for one
5 sync window.
6 > +=net-p2p/ktorrent-3.2_*
7 A few days ago we had a different one:
8 > +>=dev-util/monodevelop-java--1.9
9 That managed to break the sync during rsync, but also by timing also
10 managed to end up in the daily snapshot.
11
12 If it's in profiles, or a core system package, please be very careful
13 with your commits. Both of the above were fixed in less than 30 minutes,
14 but breakage had already been seen at that point.
17 Robin Hugh Johnson
18 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
19 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
20 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85