From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unified DEPENDENCIES concept
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 15:16:43
1 On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 16:07:54 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 17:02:57 +0200
5 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > The problem is that you're arguing against a proposal that doesn't
7 > > > exist except in your head. If you'd like to read and understand
8 > > > the proposal being made, which starts with understanding the bits
9 > > > marked clearly with stars, and then once you've understood it,
10 > > > rethink and present any issues you find with that proposal then
11 > > > we might have something to discuss.
12 > >
13 > > Renaming and/or reordering something doesn't change its
14 > > implications. It's just 'main disadvantage' vs 'side disadvantage'.
15 >
16 > Well no. You've been arguing against some mysterious proposal that
17 > doesn't exist that you think is about replacing lots of variables with
18 > one variable. That's not what DEPENDENCIES is, and now that you've got
19 > a proper write-up, you can try reading it, understanding it and then
20 > seeing if you have any objections to what's actually being proposed.
21
22 Ah, I forgot how the goals change *everything*. Because it's good to
23 kill hundreds of people for the good reasons.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny