From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD : .ebuild is only bash
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:12:15
1 On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:49:22 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > > That's already not the way things work, since different version
4 > > strings can be equal versions (and it's illegal to do this),
5 > > so it's not relevant to the discussion.
6 >
7 > This is a design flaw in our versioning system, and it can only occur
8 > in some corner cases where version components have leading zeros.
9
10 You know, if we had GLEP 55, we could fix that. Although it's debatable
11 whether it's a flaw, since we're trying to match upstream version
12 formats where reasonably possible.
15 Ciaran McCreesh