From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council manifesto of sping
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 05:15:45
On 22 June 2010 03:06, Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
>> """ (w.r.t. git migration) >> I hope to see Robin integrate me with the conversion process. >> """ >> >> How have you contributed to the effort thus far? > > I would like to re-phrase this question to > "how come you are able to help", okay?
That is not the question I asked. I would like to know why you have chosen not to help with the effort so far and have not voiced your opinion on gentoo-scm which is where the migration has been discussed, even though it is clearly important to you. In general, the way to participate in any open source project (and I believe this holds for a team in Gentoo as well) is not - "You're doing it wrong, let me show you how". It's a combination of, "How can I help?" and "Why don't we try to do things this other way?" Regards, -- Arun Raghavan http://arunraghavan.net/ (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)