From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gstreamer plugins setup
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:54:26
1 Foser,
2
3 Thanks for the informative write-up on what has happened with
4 gst-plugins lately. It's nice to see that kind of thing happening on
5 this list.
6
7 foser wrote: [Thu Sep 25 2003, 02:17:50PM EDT]
8 > Leaves us with option (3), my preferred choice.
9
10 I like (3) best also.
11
12 > Also we could add a series of USE-flagged
13 > dependencies to the gst-plugins package, where known working and stable
14 > plug-ins get installed providing a solid basis for a lot of
15 > applications.
16
17 IMHO, this is perfectly sufficient mitigation for the disadvantages of
18 (3).
19
20 > Any suggestions/improvements/questions ?
21
22 I don't have any suggestions. Looks like you've done a complete
23 analysis and arrived at well-reasoned conclusions. Nice work.
24
25 Aron