From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@××××××××××××.org>
To: Jean-Michel Smith <jsmith@××××.com>, Brandon Low <lostlogic@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo kernel and XFS
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:05:04
1 On Wednesday 11 September 2002 14:06, Jean-Michel Smith wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 11 September 2002 02:00 am, Emiel Kollof wrote:
3
4 [snip]
5
6 > Again, I use gentoo-sources-r7, which includes XFS support. I use low
7 > latency, BUT I TURN OFF PREEMPT. That is important. Preempt doesn't play
8 > nice with XFS (the only time I was ever able to corrupt an XFS filesystem
9 > was while beating it up under a kernel with preempt enabled). I have had
10 > very good results with the low latency stuff.
11
12 Ah right... I'll give that a go. Thanks for the info.
13
14 > PS - What video editing software do you use?
15
16 Some proprietary homegrown stuff some colleagues and I wrote that originally
17 ran on IRIX but which I ported over to Linux. I can't live without it, but
18 it's a shame I can't opensource it. It has lots of licensed code I can't open
19 up and without that it would be quite useless. :(
20
21 Cheers,
22 Emiel