From: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Virus
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:57:09
1 For five days now I have been receiving mails containing a virus called
2 I-Worm.Swen
3
4 http://www.viruslist.com/eng/viruslist.html?id=88029
5
6 The mails come from diffrent ISPs allover the world so I figured that
7 the virus probably got my mailadress as a result of a mailinglist.
8
9 The only list I am currently active on is this. While hard to believe
10 the most logical conclusion is that some gentoo-dev subscribers has
11 been infected.
12
13 The virus disables antivirus programs, and deletes all current and
14 future traces of it self from the victims mailbox (it actually connects
15 to the pop3 server to do this).
16
17 Most of you probably has spamfilters that would hide this mail from
18 you, but shurley if it comes from gentoo-dev more people then I would
19 get these mails.
20
21 /John